Hair loss is a major problem faced by many. There are so many reasons attributed to it. From rising stress levels to unhealthy lifestyles, unfortunately the hair takes a beating for all this. There are many hair fall remedies available in the market. But they are not just expensive but also do not guarantee the desired result. So, what to do? Opt for homemade remedies.
There are many natural and organic hair care tips to stop hair fall and get back soft, lustrous and silky mane back, you can restore to. Using ingredients from your kitchen ensure no side effect to the hair and scalp and instead give you problem-free and silky-smooth tresses.
There are a few homemade remedies for hair fall listed below that you can try today, to get rid from the problem of hair fall.
1) HOT OIL MASSAGE
What can be a better stress reliever than massaging your head with hot oil? Oil massages are considered good for regulating the flow of blood to the head which in turn aids in strengthening hair follicles. Regularly massaging your head with coconut or almond oil provides the right kind of conditioning to the scalp for stimulation of thick, black and strong hair.
– ½ cup Vatika Enriched Coconut Hair Oil
• Heat the hair oil till it is slightly warm
• Gently massage the oil on the scalp and hair, moving from root to the tip, for 10-15 minutes
• Wrap a towel or clean cloth on the head and keep it on overnight
• Next day wash with shampoo and repeat weekly
2) HAIR MASKS
When you think of how to stop hair fall immediately, the easiest way is to make a hair mask that not only strengthens the hair follicles and roots but also adds natural shine to the hair. Eggs, bananas, avocado and kiwis are most popular and make for effective hair mask.
a) Banana & honey mask
• One banana (ripe)
• Two tablespoons honey
• In a bowl mash a ripe banana and mix two tablespoons honey with it
• Apply the mask from scalp to tip of hair and keep it on for 2-3 hours
• Wash it off with cold water and repeat the process weekly for desired results
3) GREEN TEA
Green tea is known to have great effects on hair. It contains antioxidants that not just improves the quality and texture of hair but also encourage growth of strong and healthy hair. Thus, it is considered to one of the best home remedies for hair loss.
– 1 green tea bag
– 1 cup water
• Ina pan boil water and steep green tea bag in it for 2-3 minutes
• Discard the tea bag and wait for the water to cool down to room temperature
• Apply the green tea mix from scalp to roots
• Keep it on for 1 hour before rinsing it off with cold water followed by a mild shampoo
• Repeat at least once a week for desired results
4) INDIAN GOOSEBERRY OR AMLA
Need to know how to make hair loss remedies at home? Try using amla. It is a major source of vitamin C that helps in providing nourishment to weak and brittle hair. It also helps in keeping the scalp clean and free of any bacterial or fungal infection, add thickness to hair, prevent premature greying and is a sure shot answer on how to reduce hair fall using home remedies.
– 4-5 amla (whole)
• In a mixer, blend Amla into a puree. Add water as required making sure the puree is not too runny in consistency
• Apply the puree on scalp and hair and massage gently for 10-15 minutes
• Leave it to rest for 2-3 hours before rinsing it off with cold water
• Repeat the process once in two weeks for quicker results
5) EGG & CURD
Egg is a rich source of protein that helps in conditioning the hair naturally. It helps in strengthening the hair roots, giving shine and keeping hair silky soft.
• 1 whole egg
• 2 tablespoons curd
• In a bowl, break an egg and mix with two tablespoons fresh curd
• Apply the mixture on the scalp and massage gently for few minutes
• Keep it on for 3-4 hours and wash off with a mild shampoo
• Apply once a week for effective results