People these days are crazy about health and fitness and are always looking for ways to live healthier. Because of this, many trends are going on, and one of them is the ketogenic or keto diet.
You may see these words a lot on social media captions of your favorite fitness influencers. You may even be considering getting on the keto train since so many people are already on board. But how does this ketogenic diet work?
A keto diet is all about going low on carbs and high on fat. By radically reducing your carbohydrates intake and substituting it with fat, your body goes into a state known as ketosis.
Your body will then become extremely efficient at burning fat for energy. Fat is transformed into ketones, which can supply food for the brain.
Advantages and Risks of Going Keto
So, why do many people go on a keto diet? According to more than 20 studies, this diet can help you lose weight as well as improve your health. It also comes with various benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Improved insulin sensitivity by 75%
- Lose up to 3 times more weight without counting calories or tracking food intake than people who are on a diet
- Losing excess fat, which is closely linked to type 2 diabetes, prediabetes, and metabolic syndrome
Various studies have also shown that this type of diet has numerous benefits against different health conditions. These may include acne, heart diseases, polycystic ovary syndrome, Alzheimer’s disease, and even cancer.
However, it is essential to know that going on a keto diet without an expert has some severe risks. If your meal plan is not well formulated, you may experience:
- The “Keto Flu” – Feeling sick and sometimes involves vomiting, gastrointestinal distress, fatigue, and lethargy
- Diarrhea – This may be due to your gallbladder, the organ that produces the bile needed to help break down fat, feeling overwhelmed with your new diet.
- Reduced Athletic Performance – Being on a keto diet means your body is in a more acidic state, which may limit its ability to perform at peak levels.
- Ketoacidosis – If your body stores many ketones, an acid that is a byproduct of burning fat, the blood increases in acidity. It can damage your internal organs such as the kidneys, brain, and liver. Ketoacidosis can also be fatal when left untreated.
Stay safe and healthy with an online keto coach from Tiffany Powers Keto Coach & Weight Loss Healing. An expert will ensure you avoid common mistakes. They will help you use fat wisely (rather than excessively) and seek nutritional ketosis (not higher ketone levels).
Apart from this, an online keto coach will help create a diet personalized to your body, complete with simple daily meal plans! You can even select your plan length.
They will make sure you’re eating correctly through daily check-ins and weekly meetings. Also, you will have access to a secret Facebook group so that you will have the support of people who are in the same fitness journey.
For more information, contact Tiffany Powers Keto Coach & Weight Loss Healing today!