If fate brought you to Cincinnati, Ohio, the best way to get acquainted with it would be to rent a car. This is an ideal option for traveling around America, because in small cities it is almost impossible to reach many places on foot or by public transport. But there are some nuances you should know.
Some words about car rental
Usually, shuttles run every 5–10 minutes to the rental points, so you can find them near the baggage claim area. Most tourists take a car at Enterprise CVG airport, which is very comfortable. There is always a great selection of car models for any situation.
Rental Price and Affordable Cars
Rent starts from 20-25 USD per day and is called the base cost, then you will be charged a fee for the navigator, insurance, radio, and additional equipment. For young drivers there are particular rules. If the drivers’ age is less than 25, he or she enters the category of “young drivers” and must make extra paymentfor insurance. As a result, the under 25 car rental will be about 50-60 USD per day. Required documents are passport, driver’s license and a valid credit card.
Besides, young drivers cannot hire cars of Premium and Business classes. In its turn, Enterprise car rental Cincinnati airport offers the following cars for young drivers:
- Mitsubishi Mirage or similar ($57.10 per day)
- Nissan Versa or similar ($58.28 per day)
- Hyundai Elantra or similar ($59.46 per day)
- Volkswagen Jetta or similar ($60.81 per day)
- Toyota Camry or similar ($61.99 per day)
- Toyota Rav4 or similar ($72.11 per day)
- Dodge Grand Caravan or similar ($79.86 per day)
The base cost is for a day of rental including Young Driver fee, but the total amount depends on extra options and period of car rental.
Tips for young drivers
If you still decide to rent a car, then it is better to take your personal navigator on a trip or buy a local SIM card to safely use navigators in your phone.
Gasoline will cost about 2 USD per liter, although with an unstable situation in the world it is difficult to say what the price will be at the time of your trip.
NB! Car must be booked via the Internet, as it will be cheaper than on the spot. Also, there is one more rental point of Enterprise – rent a car on the Glenway Avenue, in the city center.
Places to go on a rented car
Cincinnati is the third largest city in Ohio, the “Royal City” and the “Queen of the West”. The city center is surrounded by picturesque foothills that form the legendary landscape of Cincinnati.
Start your trip from the trip around the city, viewing the general scenery. Then, climb on the top of the second tallest building in the city, the Carew Tower. On the 49th floor of the building there is an amazing observation deck, from where for a small fee you can see the whole city in full view.
Visit Riverfest to see the famous waterfall. The Riverfest takes place on the embankment on Labor Day, and this is the most ambitious party in the city with a race of rubber ducks and breathtaking fireworks.
You also can make a trip around the picturesque parks. In general, in Cincinnati there are more than 100 parks and squares with a total area of more than 5 thousand acres.
Top 5 must do things in Cincinnati
- Visit the house of Harriet Beecher Stowe on Gilbert Avenue;
- Go on an exciting tour of the underground tunnels;
- Take a photo of one of the iconic city attractions – the John Rebling Suspension Bridge;
- Sit at the fountain of Tyler Davidson in the recently renovated Fountain Square;
- Try a very special Cincinnati chili, based on a Greek recipe, without beans and onions, but with unimaginable spices such as cinnamon or cocoa powder.