It’s an interesting fact to know about how a lawyer precedes a personal injury case and in what way they settle or resolve it. Many people think that if you hire an accident attorney lawyer, then you must have to go to the court to resolve the matter. But, the actual scenario is slightly different. There are many other ways to resolve a case outside the court which can save your time, stress and expense of a trial. Not all the cases can be resolved out of the court but it is to your lawyer’s advantage to work the cases for the best possible settlement. There are some settlement negotiation and litigation process to resolve every case by the attorney. Here in this article, I’m going to write about those processes which can help you to have some ideas on this.
Settlement Negotiation & Litigation Process
During the process is running, you may think that the effort of your lawyer is dipping down but it’s only nature of this specialized field. Your lawyer may not contact with you on a daily basis during the case. There are many reasons behind taking a lot of time to settle down a case with proper claim benefit. Let’s have quick look at a brief summary on that.
- There are a lot of works to be done at the initial stage of any case such as obtaining a record of witness statements, photographs of the accident spot, other official reports and more like this. This evidence will help your lawyer to prove how the accident occurred and establish whose fault it was.
- An attorney can’t precede a case until he or she was told about the stable condition of your physical health by the doctor. It may take some extra time to resolve your case. Because our attorney needs to assemble all the medical reports, important records and hospital bills, employment reports, and other necessary items to document each element of your accident and damage.
- Another important matter in these types of cases is the insurance company. It can take a little more time to study and understand the benefit policies of your insurance company. Your lawyer will pay some extra attention to get you the fullest benefit you can have from your insurance company. If your hired attorney is failed to obtain a healthy settlement with the company through negotiations, he will file a lawsuit against the defendant. The defendant, in this case, has only thirty days from the time of the lawsuit. Sometimes there is more than one defendant or sometimes one defendant will bring another defendant into the lawsuit for fair justice.
- After the failure of all defendants in term of their respective “answers,” “discovery” proceedings will start. Your lawyer will assist you at every step and may utilize the same discovery devices to win your case and claim amount.
- After all the process is completed, a trial date is requested. The trial date is always beyond the control of any lawsuit party but it totally depends on the schedule of the lawsuit court.
So friends, if you are looking for such help then you can hire some professional by searching on the internet also. You can have state and location base result on the internet and check all the detailed profile of the attorney. If you are staying in LA, then you can easily found some good professional expert by searching personal injury attorney los angeles from your area. It will make your work more easy to find the perfect one for your case.