Perhaps the most time-tested and revered degree types that offer concentrations in hospitality management are MBA programs. MBAs or Master’s in business Administration are one of the most recognized and accepted business degrees worldwide. They are also one of the accessible graduate degrees. As one of the first degree types to offer online degrees, they’ve had time to test and hone their delivery methods more than other degree types.
In a nation like India, with quality higher education providers and vast economic growth, an MBA in hospitality management can be a great degree choice. As infrastructure, investors, recruitment, and entrepreneurial opportunities pick up, the time to pick up a degree in an in-demand field has never been better. Today, more top ranked mba programs than ever are even available online. MBA programs with 80, 90, even 95%+ job offer rates for graduates.
So what is an MBA in hospitality management? First and foremost, it’s an MBA with courses in accounting, managerial accounting, management, human resources, marketing, ethics, and finance. MBAs provide the basic frameworks and business analysis skills needed to move into and up in managerial ranks in large corporations. Many MBA programs also allow students to specialize in a given area or skill set. Hospitality management is one of these skill sets. In a hospitality management MBA, students may choose 3-5 courses that specialize in hospitality management. These courses range from being almost entirely centered on hospitality to being general hospitality courses that use hospitality-related case studies.
While hospitality may not be your first impulse in pursuing an MBA, there are a number of reasons why it potentially should be. Hospitality management ranges a wide variety of organization types, including services in hotels, tourism marketing, air or sea travel, governmental agencies, food, beverage, sporting, and more. While most people just think of hotels and restaurants, tourism is the largest industry sector in many places around the world. As we’ve already mentioned, tourism in India is both huge and growing. But an MBA in hospitality management can take you to many other destinations around the world. For a look at some of the best online masters of business administration in hospitality management check out HospitalityManagementDegrees.net, one of the only sources online for hospitality-specific education coverage and news.
Additionally, a number of Indian Universities offer hospitality and tourism-related MBAs. A comprehensive list may be found below:
- Adarsh Institute of Research and Development – AIRD
- Angel Institute of International Hospitality and Management – AIIHM
- Arihant College of Hotel and Tourism Management – ACHTM
- ASMR Institute of Technology and Management
- Attitude Business School – ABS
- Chandigarh University – CU
- Dr. YSR National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Exterior Interiors Ltd.
- Himalayan University
- Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management – IITTM Gwalior
- Institute of Management and Technical Studies – IMTS
- JGM Institute of Technology and Management
- Nalanda School of Management College
- People’s Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition – PIHMCTAN
- Saheed Bhagat Singh College – SBSC
- Shivalik Institute of Paramedical Technology – SIPT
- Sun International Institute for Technology and Management – SIITAM
- SunRise University
- Swami Vivekanand Institute of Information Technology – SVIIT
- The Institute of Technical Education – TITE
- Veer Narmad South Gujarat University