Always living in a toxic environment and busy schedule in everyday life is destroying our system. We are eating much but not getting enough nutrition for this exact reason. Pre and probiotics solve this problem and improve your gut health. If you suffer from acne or any other skin disease pre and probiotics can help you as well. Prebiotics and probiotics can work together in your digestion system and drastically improve your health.
What is prebiotic?
Prebiotic is also known as the food for probiotics. It feeds another beneficial microbiome. Prebiotic is the non-digestible part of diet. It makes it place in our colon and gets fermented. This fermented food becomes food for microbiomes and bacteria. Discrediting the prebiotics in our digestion process is impossible. The gut uses it selectively when it is needed.
What is probiotic?
Probiotic is the good gut bacteria in our tummy. These are healthy bacteria that promotes healthy digestion system. When you have harmful bacteria in your gut, it makes the digestion process difficult. You can get the leaky gut for any disruption in the digestion process. Leaky gut is a condition where the gut walls become bigger. Those bigger walls allow bad things to enter into blood cells and you get an autoimmune disease. But probiotic foods creates gas and kills all the evil things in the gut. That heals your gut and improves your system.
What is the difference?
Here are the difference between prebiotics vs probiotics
- Probiotics are living bacteria. These are living creatures that help your gut to be healed.
- Probiotics can be found in fermented foods.
- Top probiotic foods are kimchi, miso, sauerkraut, and various pickles.
- Probiotic can be taken by pills as well.
- Most fermented dairy products contain probiotic named lactobacillus. But try not to drink regular raw milk as it feeds the yeast. Yeast is not good for people with leaky gut. Probiotics are not strong enough to live in a hot or cold condition of the body.
- Prebiotics are non-digestible part of food. These are soluble fibre.
- It can survive in heat and cold condition of the body which probiotics cannot.
- Prebiotics are plant-fibre that you can get n most of the vegetables.
- Prebiotic in the form of oligofructose promotes the growth of good bacteria in our body. It works as a natural fertiliser in your body to feed good bacteria and helps to create a good environment for them.
Which is better? Prebiotics vs probiotics.
Both prebiotic and probiotic plays a vital role in our digestion system. You cannot just pick one and say it is the best. It will be better if you can take them together. With maintaining proper diet you will see the results of pre and probiotic. But probiotic is a little bit vulnerable in comparison to prebiotics. As said before, probiotics cannot survive in hot or cold condition of your body.
So instead of in taking new bacteria, you can double the intake of prebiotic in your diet. A lot of raw or cooked onion, garlic, unripe banana, raw honey and a lot of vegetables should be in your diet. The undigested part of them will work as food for existing good bacterias in your body. It will directly make your health better. So in the battle of prebiotics vs probiotics, prebiotic is the winner in a slight margin
There you have it. The difference between probiotics and prebiotics and which one can work better for you. These are just two different type of diet if you decide on adopting any of them then go ahead and try one. If you want to stay healthy, you have to keep maintaining it. Making unhealthy food that produces terrible bacteria and yeast can kill the process for good bacteria, and you can end up being where you started earlier.