Technology has become inevitable and no field is left untouched by the growing technology. One of the applications of technology in providing various services and products includes cnc machining services or Computerized Numerical Control. It is kind of method used the help of computerized devices to perform a variety of manufacturing tasks. Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Machining (CAM) have now a promising alternative to the old age manual machines. The use of computer technology to control the machine tools comes under CNC. The tools include lathes, mills, routers, and grinders. The unique software and hardware are developed especially to do these operations but it seems like the conventional use of a normal personal computer.
In CNC Machining the machine tools work through the numeral control. The computer is customized for a targeted object and programs are developed for the machines using CNC machine language which is called as G-code. This G-cord language controls all the features like feed rate, coordination, location, and speeds. The velocity and position can be controlled perfectly. Both metal and plastic parts can be manufactured using CNC machining.
Steps involved in the process of CNC Machining
As computer technology is involved therefore the way to proceed with CNC machining is carried out using the following steps to develop a program for performing CNC Machining:
- Firstly, a 2D or 3D CAD drawing is created that is understandable by the CNC machine.
- The program developed is created and uploaded for testing to ensure that it is working properly without any technical issues.
- The testing or the trial run is one of the important steps and is referred to as cutting air. It is important as it if there is a mistake with speed or part of the tool, then the entire machine can be damaged.
Benefits offered by CNC Machining
Many advantages are offered by CNC Machining services and some of them are as follows:
- It is more precise a process than the manual machining
- The process can be repeated over and over again without any technical issues
- Because of the diversity and precision that it offers, more complex shapes and products can be developed which was otherwise not possible to achieve with manual machining technology
- Many complex three dimensional shapes can be produced using CNC Machining
- Fast turnaround and high levels of accuracy is attained using CNC Machining to develop tools
- It offers the prototype, small-batch and low volume orders
- It has applications in automotive, medical, consumer electronics, manufacturing, aviation, aerospace, computers, and robotics
The most frequently used machines used in CNC systems are as follows:
- CNC Mills
- Plasma Cutters
- Electric Discharge Machines
- Water jet cutters
CNC machining is necessary as it works in a wide variety of fields and people from all different pursuits such as hobbyists and military groups too are able to get advantages from CNC Machining which turns raw materials into full-fledged products as machines are faster, safer and more efficient.