A car accident, crash or collision can significantly impact your life. You may have suffered serious injuries, which can prevent you from getting to work. Medical bills will soon pile up, and many injuries can have a long-term impact. Instead of sitting back and waiting for justice, consider filing a personal injury lawsuit, especially if you believe that other driver’s negligent action caused the accident. Talking to a Pueblo car accident lawyer can help in this regard. Colorado has a comparative fault rule, so if you had a role in the accident, your compensation will be impacted accordingly. An experienced attorney can help you in ways listed below.
- Know the car accident laws. Did you know that the statute of limitations in Colorado allows a person to file a personal injury lawsuit within three years, from the date of the accident? Or, there is a cap to what you can get from your lawsuit for noneconomic suffering? There are many other things that people don’t know about car accident laws, which is one of the key reasons to hire a lawyer.
- Know your rights. What should you do after a car accident? Can you choose your doctor? Should you inform the insurance company of the party at fault? What if you didn’t manage to report the accident on the same day? You may have many questions in mind, and your lawyer is in charge of ensuring that you have all the answers and know your rights.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. Most insurance adjusters will make sure that you accept what is being offered, which is likely to be a much lesser amount than what you deserve. If you have a car accident lawyer by your side, they will take care of the negotiation process. Most car accident claims, by the way, are settled outside of court.
- Taking the matter to trial. There are cases when negotiations with the insurance company may not work as expected. An experienced attorney knows what it takes to handle the case efficiently, and they will go to court, so that you get a fair settlement.
- Handling the paperwork. Your attorney is in charge of handling the paperwork and everything else related to your car accident. They will take over right away and will do their part of the investigation to gather evidence.
Check online now to find the top-rated attorneys in Colorado for your car accident claim.