Located in the heart of San Jose, California, the SAP Center is the place to be for concerts, sports, and more this fall. With more than 30 live events in October and November, there’s something for everyone at the SAP Center.
The SAP Centre is one of the most famous landmarks in modern day America. If you have heard about the Madison Square Garden, you can understand the kind of events that take place in such world-class facilities. From Wresting tournaments to some of the best musicians performing in front of packed audiences, the SAP Centre is a must visit for families.
The SAP center also plays host to Ice Hockey Matches. The much loved and followed San Jose Sharks are teeming off against their bitter rivals the Calgary Flames. They take on some of the biggest names in the hockey world right through November. Almost all the renowned musicians include a visit to San Jose on their musical tours. The SAP centre has played host to many iconic plays, concerts and dramas over the years.
Bring your family to Disney on Ice, or check out your favorite music act with friends. The NHL season opens on October 2nd, and the AHL season begins on October 4th, so come catch some great hockey from two professional teams right here at the SAP. There’s even WWO Lucha Libre if you want to experience something fun and unique.
Concerts and Events
- October 5th – Alejandro Sanz
- October 12th – WWO Lucha Libre wrestling
- October 17th – J Balvin Arcoiris Tour
- October 18th – Anuel AA
- October 23rd-27th – Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment
- November 6th – Luke Combs
- November 8th – Gloria Trevi
- November 26th – Hallmark Channel Presents Trans-Siberian Orchestra
San Jose Sharks Hockey
- October 4th against Vegas Golden Knights
- October 13th against Calgary Flames
- October 16th against Carolina Hurricanes
- October 19th against Buffalo Sabers
- November 1st against Winnipeg Jets
- November 2nd against Vancouver Canucks
- November 5th against Chicago Blackhawks
- November 7th against Minnesota Wild
- November 9th against Nashville Predators
- November 12th against Edmonton Oilers
- November 16th against Detroit Red Wings
- November 19th against Edmonton Oilers
- November 23rd against New York Islanders
- November 27th against Winnipeg Jets
- November 29th against Los Angeles Kings
San Jose Barracuda Hockey
- October 11th against San Diego Gulls
- October 13th against Bakersfield Condors
- October 19th against Ontario Reign
- October 30th against Bakersfield Condors
- November 3rd against Tucson Roadrunners
- November 10th against San Diego Gulls
- November 17th against Tucson Roadrunners
- November 20th against Tucson Roadrunners
- November 22nd against Colorado Eagles
- November 23rd against Colorado Eagles
- November 29th against Bakersfield Condors
Places to Stay and Eat
There are many hotels near the SAP Center, but it’s common for visitors to stay in nearby Santa Clara, CA to avoid some of the congestion of San Jose. Hotels in Santa Clara are good and plentiful, too. In terms of prices, you can avail a wide range of hotels and guest houses that are littered right across the city. From Five Star accommodations to simple BnBs, the city is comfortable in terms of staying prices.
The Hyatt House Santa Clara has beautiful modern rooms with lots of amenities. It’s just a few miles away from the SAP Center, too. If you’re traveling with a large group or family, the Biltmore Hotel and Suites Santa Clara is a good choice, with large rooms and suites available. These hotels boast of some of the modern amenities that you will find in five star accommodations. From natural Spa centers to All Day restaurants serving multiple world cuisines, San Jose ticks all the right boxes. You can also look at affordable stay solutions. Many people rent out their homes for people and families travelling during the holidays. Homestays are becoming very popular, especially amongst the younger generation.
When you’re out at your game or event, you’ll undoubtedly want to get something to eat or drink. The SAP Center is surrounded by restaurants and bars where you can enjoy a nice dinner before your show or relive all the best plays after an exciting hockey game. Some of the best options nearby include Firehouse No. 1, Henry’s World Famous Hi-Life, and The Farmers Union. There are few cities in the world, which shut down in the evening. However, this city boasts of some of the most vibrant nightlife locations in the whole of America. From clubs teeming with youngsters, to sports cafes and bars, you can check out different cuisines, styles and cultures.
Things to Do
For more great shows and events throughout the season, the San Jose Center for Performing Arts, San Jose Civic, and San Jose Improv are just a few blocks from the SAP Center. Extensive parks throughout the downtown area offer places for morning jogs or afternoon strolls. The city also has a variety of museums to suit any age and interest, including the San Jose Museum of Art, the Tech Interactive, and Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose.
San Jose is a complete city from a family perspective. This means that there is something for everyone. It is also educational for young children, as they can visit museums, parks and several theme resorts in the vicinity. People who love sports and games need to make a visit to the famous SAP Centre to catch some of their most loved sportsmen perform live in front of them. It is best to plan a visit for at least a week if you are planning to visit San Jose with your family.
San Jose continues to be one of the top tourist destinations in America. It is a vibrant and bustling city, rich in arts, culture, history, food, nightlife and a host of other activities. Try to plan your vacations in a manner that you are able to see a couple of hockey games, hear your famous rock star perform and engage your kids with a trip to the museum. If you want a calm and peaceful vacation, San Jose has some of the most beautifully curated natural parks around.